RE: [fluka-discuss]: USRBIN Photon scoring

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2018 18:35:19 +0200

USRBDX gives the average fluence on a boundary surface (after dividing by
the surface area, directly in FLUKA through the dedicated WHAT or at user
post-processing stage), while USRTRACK gives the average fluence in a
region volume (after dividing by the volume as above). So you can expect a
perfect correspondence between the latter (energy integrated) and the
USRBIN per region output (after dividing by the volume as in my previous
answer), provided that the USRTRACK energy interval is not reduced with
respect to the transport energy interval (applying to USRBIN).
With USRBDX, the physical fluence on the scoring surface is given by the
two-way option, while the one-way option allows to apply an artificial
filter.

Best regards

Francesco Cerutti
CERN-EN/STI