[fluka-discuss]: Problem with monoenergetic source

From: Agnieszka Witkowska <witkowskaagnieszka07_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2018 15:09:52 +0200

Dear Fluka Experts,

I am trying to lead in Fluka real life experiment with usage of ionization
chamber. I am measuring energy deposited in gas of the device. in real life
experiment source of radiation was placed 2 meters from centre of ioniztion
chamber.

I assume that I do not know how to define correctly beam source to make it
similar to real conditions. I defined monoenergic, rectangular beam with x
and y beam 200cm to make sure that the whole device will be surrounded by
radiation.

I have obtained really strange results. With increasing energy the energy
deposited in each simulation is increasing as well, what does not match
with life experiments, as in some point no more electrons should be
generated in gas.

Can You please check my input file and advise what I am doing wrong? Or
maybe I am missing some physics?

Below I attached obtained results:

beam energy [GeV] deposited energy
0,000059 1,79E-08