[fluka-discuss]: Proton transport through spacecraft

From: Stewart, Emma <e.stewart17_at_imperial.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2018 13:31:49 +0000

Dear all

I've been going through the output file for my problem and trying to interpret it but I'm struggling a bit. I'm basically modelling a proton beam through the materials of a nuclear rocket and I just want to calculate the neutron flux inside the core of the rocket, but I'm not sure how to get the program to do this. This problem has been done a lot before with many people trying to calculate the neutron flux inside a spacecraft to measure astronaut doses. I'm new to FLUKA and my knowledge of particle physics isn't ideal so any help would be much appreciated. I've attached the input file that I have so far.

Thank you

Emma Stewart

PhD Student

Nuclear Engineering Group