"shower", "cascade"

From: me@marychin.org
Date: Sat Oct 20 2007 - 15:46:25 CEST

    Dear Alberto,

    Thanks for pointing out my used of the term, 'radiation showers'. I realised that I used the term losely -- partly due to my earlier exposure to e+/e-/photons (started to work with heavier particles only much later) -- no excuse though. I must be careful next time and would like to be sure that I understand correctly at this point: do radiation showers apply to electromagnetic ones only? How about 'cascade'?

    Thanks very much,
    mary