parallel mode

From: Konstantin Batkov (kbat@dec1.sinp.msu.ru)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2007 - 10:16:48 CEST

    Hallo,

    I have a question about running FLUKA in parallel mode for the same
    problem.

    The manual says it is necessary to put different numbers in WHAT(2) of the
    RANDOMIZE card. In order to do this one needs to prepare (by hand or
    with script) several input files which differ only in this number.

    I wonder if there is a more convenient way do set the random number
    generator seed for parallel mode tasks. For instance, one could set
    WHAT(2) to some specific value in order to initialize the seed to the
    current machine clock and use the same input file for all parallel jobs.

    Best regards,

    Konstantin