Re: Eta particles

From: Giuseppe Battistoni (Giuseppe.Battistoni@mi.infn.it)
Date: Thu Oct 25 2007 - 18:22:35 CEST

    I think it is useful for all users, to restate the general feature of
    FLUKA about the particles considered in the code:

    a) in production, all particles and resonances listed in PDG are
    considered up to the charmed mesons (FLUKA does not consider bottom and
    top quark)

    b) the particles (resonances) which have just an hadronic decay width
    (tau ~tipically <10**-18 s) are not transported: they decay
    immediately after production. There remain 62 particles which are actually
    transported, with the exception mentioned in point c)

    c) Also charmed meson and baryons (tau < 10**-12 s) are let to decay
    immediately even if the decay is a semileptonic one, but this can be
    changed with the PHYSICS cars using SDUM=CHARMDEC in order to activate
    their transport.

            Giuseppe Battistoni