Re: [fluka-discuss]: NaI detector response, mgdraw, and endraw

From: Felicia Sutanto <fsutanto_at_umich.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2018 10:03:00 -0400

Dear Mikhail and Anton,

Thank you for checking my simulation!
The detect card indeed shows the same result as geant, so It must be my way
of scoring in mgdraw that's wrong.
But I cannot understand why my way of scoring in mgdraw is wrong...
I'd really appreciate it if you guys can tell me what's wrong with the
following:

I commented out all of the write commands in mgdraw.f and
I changed the unformatted collision tape file to a formatted one (in
MGDRAW, ENDRAW, and SODRAW):
OPEN ( UNIT = IODRAW, FILE = FILNAM, STATUS = 'NEW', FORM = 'FORMATTED' )

Then in MGDRAW, I added:
mgIn = 0
WRITE (IODRAW,*) mgIn, ( SNGL (DTRACK (I)), I = 1, MTRACK )

and in ENDRAW, I added:
enIn = 1
WRITE (IODRAW,*) enIn, SNGL (RULL)

and in SODRAW, I added:
soIn = 2;
WRITE (IODRAW, *) soIn, TKEFLK(NPFLKA)

This produces a trakfile with a list of the energy deposited (index: 0 and
1) and the energy of the source particle (index: 2):

           2 6.6169999999999998E-004

           0

           1 6.61699974E-04

           2 6.6169999999999998E-004

           0

           1 1.45529995E-07

           0 1.07328451E-05

           0 6.06724370E-06

           0 1.79876715E-05

           0 7.13503368E-06

           0 4.00992985E-06

           0 6.33815262E-06

           0 5.01241266E-06

           0 6.40999087E-06

           0 6.91474997E-06

           0 4.94164897E-06

           0 3.67576922E-06

           0 4.34047570E-06

           0 3.34160836E-06

           0 6.53870757E-06

           0 1.80250277E-06

           1 9.95420487E-05

           0

           1 4.66763682E-04

In my post-processing, I added the energies with indexes 0 and 1, and tally
them every time I go to index 2.
In my simulation, I only have a spherical NaI inside a spherical blackbody.
I don't think I need to restrict the region where it deposits its energy.
Sorry this may be a very trivial question, but I am really not sure what's
wrong with this way of scoring...

Thank you and best regards,
FS