Re: USRBIN, binary output files, summation

From: Alberto Fasso' (fasso@SLAC.Stanford.EDU)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2007 - 19:35:09 CET

    Stefan is right, but it is easy to make a small modification to
    usbsuw.f so that the program will output the sum (result of usbsuw x number=
     of
    batches) even when each batch represents a different number of particles.

    Replace the following lines:
    200 CONTINUE
           NCTOT=3DNCTOT+NCASE

    by
    200 CONTINUE
           NCASE =3D 1
           NCTOT =3D 1

    Just for safety, in case you later forget that the program has been
    manipulated, I would add a message at the end:
    Replace:
           END DO
           CLOSE (UNIT=3D1)
           STOP
           END
    by
           END DO
           WRITE(*,*) "This version of usbsuw has been modified"
           WRITE(*,*) "in order to provide the sum and not the average"
           CLOSE (UNIT=3D1)
           STOP
           END

    Alberto

    On Fri, 2 Nov 2007, Stefan Roesler wrote:

    > Hi Markus,
    >
    > one addition to my previous reply: strictly speaking, the result of usbsu=
    > is the weighted average, i.e. weigthed with the number of beam particles
    > run. Thus, you can only recover the sum (result of usbsuw x number of
    > batches) if each batch represents the same number of beam particles.
    >
    > Regards
    > Stefan
    >

    > On Wed, 31 Oct 2007, Markus Kirk wrote:
    >
    >> Dear Users,
    >>

    >> Does anybody know if there is an existing utility software that allows o=
    ne
    >> to sum the binary files produced by the USRBIN card?
    >>

    >> By 'sum' I mean each bin in the output file of such a utility contains t=
    he
    >> summation of the same corresponding bin from the input files.
    >>
    >> It could be that perhaps one can do this with the flair utility.
    >>
    >> However, is there also any single command line at the linux prompt that =
    can
    >> achieve this?
    >>
    >> Something packaged together with the fluka installation?
    >>

    >> I thank you in anticipation.
    >>

    >> Yours sincerely,
    >>

    >> Markus

    --=20
    Alberto Fass=F2
    SLAC-RP, MS 48, 2575 Sand Hill Road, Menlo Park CA 94025
    Phone: (1 650) 926 4762 Fax: (1 650) 926 3569
    fasso@slac.stanford.edu
    --1334196054-1286397765-1194028509=3D:24726--