[fluka-discuss]: reflexion of optical photons at the boundaries

From: pedrojluque <pedrojluque_at_correo.ugr.es>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 18:23:02 +0200

Dear fluka users and experts,

I am trying to simulate a the signal generated by a scintillating
material in some photomultipliers distributed around the scintillator. I
would like to set total reflection of the generated optical photons
inside the scintillator except in the parts where are the
photomultipliers. This is, set total transmission of optical photons in
the boundaries of the scintillator with the photomultipliers. I have
tried to do it with the OPT-PROP card and SDUM=METAL but changes in the
reflectivity do nothing (I mean, I get the same results for different
reflectivities in the plascint region) so, moreover I think I do not
understand well what this card does.

I have also seen that this is maybe possible by using a user routine
called OPHBDX, but I did not find much information about it.

Attached is a picture of the detector's geometry.

Does someone know how to set the reflection as I need?

King regards,

Pedro.