Re: RE: RE: [fluka-discuss]: Problems about ion transportation in a neutron detector!

From: YANG Tao <yangt_at_ihep.ac.cn>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2018 18:42:46 +0800 (GMT+08:00)

Dear Duy,

  Thanks for your reply. I read the manual and the heavy ion transport can be explicitly actived by add a card:

IONTRANS HEAVYION

So I don't think FLUKA could only transport the light particles (α or lighter particle). And in my former simulation, I use 10B4C(pure B-10, not natural B) as the neutron converter layer, the MATERIAL card is as follows:

MATERIAL 5. 10. 2.37 10.BORON-10
MATERIAL 0.0 0.0 2.52 0.0B4C
COMPOUND 4. BORON-10 1. CARBON B4C

I score the α and Li+ current and it works, I obtain the energy spectrum of both particle(see the attachment "10B4C.INP").The puzzled thing is that I can't obtain anything but just ZERO results if I change the B-10 to natural B, however, the abundance of B-10 in natural B element is about 19.8%,which is considerable high amount, so why I can't get anything? This is rather strange.

I look forward your help and thanks once again!

Best regards!

Yang