RE: [fluka-discuss]: Atmospheric neutrino flux

From: Vasilis Vlachoudis <Vasilis.Vlachoudis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2018 08:00:35 +0000

Hi Ivan,

just to clarify the fluka normalization "/primary" vs "/s". For normal runs (excluding the decay runs)
fluka particles time (age) information is the time since the moment of creation of the primary,
where in the default source routine is zero 0. Assuming all simulated primary particles are generated
at zero-time and have no time-structure at all, that why you get per primary "/pr", typically fluence which is
the time-integral of the flux.

If you have a continuous process with a certain time structure, fluka will not take it into account,
you have to manually do it in your normalization at the end. So if your source is given as primaries/sec
you can multiply the fluka results by this value and convert them
from "/primary" to "/sec"

Vasilis