RE: DCYTIMES

From: Markus Brugger (Markus.Brugger@cern.ch)
Date: Sun Nov 18 2007 - 10:45:51 CET

    Hi Markus,

    yes, negative decay times allow you scoring isotope production or
    residual dose rates *during* the specified irradiation profile. To give
    you an example:
     - you have an irradiation period lasting over several years with
    shutdown periods in-between (the shutdown periods are indicated with '0'
    intensity in your IRRPROFI card)
     - you would like to score residual dose rates for the following cooling
    times
      + 1 day after the first shutdown
      + 1 month after the first shutdown
      + 1 day after the second (final) shutdown
      + 1 month after the second (final) shutdown
      + 4 months after the second (final) shutdown
      + 1 year after the second (final) shutdown

    In this case the first two cooling times would be negative as they occur
    during your irradiation period and as you assumed correctly, t=0 refers
    to the end of IRRPROFI.

    cheers

    Markus