Re: [fluka-discuss]: neutrons, reaction rates

From: Andrea Fontana <andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 17:15:31 +0100

Dear Angel,
    you are missing the correct volumes in the RESNUCLEI cards (that
in your case are 0.1 for NbDet and 0.00025 for AuDet regions). This
volume is used to normalized the results and is needed if you want
to compare with experimental results. If you add the correct values,
you should get more reasonable results.

Other minor things I noticed in your input:

- when defining a material, if you need the natural isotopic
   composition, use WHAT(6)=0 and do not specify WHAT(2)
   (see also the manual);
- you can skip Z definition in a MATERIAL for a COMPOUND:
   it is ignored.

I attach a revised copy of the input file.

Hope this helps,
Andrea

Il 30/10/2018 13:21, Angel Demerdzhiev ha scritto:
> Dear FLUKA experts and users,
>
> I am a beginner trying to calculate the reaction rates at different depths
> in a concrete block in Nb and Au activation foil for a 14.1 MeV neutron
> source.
> For a reason not known to me I get results which differ in two orders of
> magnitude of what is expected. Can you take a squiz at my .inp file and
> tell me if I am doing anything wrong.
>
> Kind regards,
> Angel

Dr. Andrea Fontana                    tel: +39 0382 987991
Istituto Nazionale                    fax: +39 0382 423241
di Fisica Nucleare
Sezione di Pavia                      e-mail: andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it
Via Bassi 6                           web   : www.pv.infn.it/~fontana
27100 PAVIA, Italy