Re: Re: [fluka-discuss]: problems of two-steps method

From: YANG Tao <yangt_at_ihep.ac.cn>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2018 23:43:36 +0800 (GMT+08:00)

Dear Andrea,
   Thanks for your patient explanation, in fact, the example in the last emails are the one from others, I copied from the internet and wanted to study the two-steps method. Now I almost understand the procedure, except the second loop of the source.f file in the last email.
I copy it as follows:
      DO 20, I = 1, NLINES
      NPFLKA = NPFLKA + 1

you changed it as:

      ISAMPL = FLRNDM (DUMMY) * NLINES

      ISAMPL = ISAMPL + 1

indeed, I understand your code, does it mean we will sample the particle from the phase space file of the 1.f+1.inp output? Is the primary number defined in the 2.inp file("ie, START card")?

Since the original code of the problem is not written by me, so I don't completely understand what the second loop means. I guess it reads all of the array elements from the 1st step output and repeats 20 times. I think this method is also correct, so what is the concrete mistake of this sampling method?

Thanks again!

Best regards

Yang

杨涛