[fluka-discuss]: plot geometry error

From: Huck, Holger <holger.huck_at_helmholtz-berlin.de>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2018 11:19:23 +0000

Dear Developers,

two days ago I installed Fluka (2001.2x.4, flair 2.3-0) for Dockers on a brand new Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise system, Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134.
Most things work fine, although the installation/update script produces tons of red lines and several warnings (no errors).
A simple test input file (room with pipe hit by e-beam) runs without problems in flair, and I can plot the dose distributions.
The problem is that I cannot produce any geometry plot; all corresponding plot commands produce a red

"PLOT ERROR: No flaircbp4qm001_PLOTGEOM.STORE file"

When viewing the temporary files, in flair***.out I see just license text, but flair***.log starts with the following error:

At line 160 of file echinp.f
Fortran runtime error: Bad value during floating point read
Error termination. Backtrace:
...#6...in echinp_...
#7...in flukam_...
#8...in fluka...
#9...in main at /home/alfredo/fluprogfor/mainmvax/fluka.f:310

Note that everything works on a slightly earlier fluka version (in a VM, not Docker), and when I take the corresponding geometry dat file from
there to my computer and use it as geometry file for the plots, no errors occur and dose distribution and geometry overlay properly in the plots.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Holger

----------------
Dr. Holger Huck
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin / BESSY II

Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH

Mitglied der Hermann von Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft Deutscher Forschungszentren e.V.

Aufsichtsrat: Vorsitzender Dr. Karl Eugen Huthmacher, stv. Vorsitzende Dr. Jutta Koch-Unterseher
Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Bernd Rech (kommissarisch), Thomas Frederking

Sitz Berlin, AG Charlottenburg, 89 HRB 5583

Postadresse:
Hahn-Meitner-Platz 1
D-14109 Berlin
(Ƨځ맲r*'~&x%Zm 0nߖi'iw