Re: X-ray Shielding Simulation

From: Alberto Fasso' (fasso@SLAC.Stanford.EDU)
Date: Fri Jan 18 2008 - 23:29:22 CET

    I fully agree with the advice given by Francesco.
    Let me just add a little trick: it is true that you cannot increase
    the transport threshold in vacuum, but it is possible to "cheat" the
    program by making a very thin region (e.g 0.001 cm thick) full of a very
    low density gas (hydrogen has the lowest density of all FLUKA
    pre-defined materials). Although the probability of electrons interacting
    in that region is negligible, that region is not "vacuum": therefore
    you can set there a very high transport threshold.

    Alberto

    --
    Alberto Fasso`
    SLAC-RP, MS 48, 2575 Sand Hill Road, Menlo Park CA 94025