[fluka-discuss]: Logarithmic width of dp/dx momentum loss

From: Delmon Arous <Delmon.Arous_at_rr-research.no>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2019 14:29:12 +0000

Dear FLUKA experts,

Firstly, I am a fresh FLUKA user. I am simulating a 16 MeV pencil-like proton beam impinging a modeled target cuvette containing DMSO and using PRECISIOn defaults. However, I see that the logarithmic width of dp/dx momentum loss for hadron/muon is set at 1.04 - how do I change this values to e.g. 1.03 for the protons when utilizing PRECISIOn defaults? Do I have to adopt the FLUKAFIX card? If so, what is the maximum fractional energy loss when the logarithmic width of dp/dx momentum is set at e.g. 1.03? How are these widths translated into fractional kinetic energy loss per step? Could someone elaborate this parameter for me?

Many thanks in advance for any response!

Best regard,

Delmon