[fluka-discuss]: Low-energy neutron cross section of 40Ar

From: Zhu, Guanying <zhu.1475_at_buckeyemail.osu.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 20:23:15 +0000

Dear FLUKA experts,

I’m trying to compare FLUKA low-energy neutron cross section of 40Ar with ENDF libraries. From the attached plot, it seems that discrepancies exist for both elastic-scattering and radiative-capture channels.

I simply extract the cross section with LOW-NEUT card, and assume: sigma_ES = (1 - PNEL) * SIGT; sigma_capture = PNGAM * SIGT. Also attached are the input and output files.

Does anyone know if I misinterpret the output or if the discrepancies are real? Thank you very much!

Best,

Guanying