[fluka-discuss]: Re: RADDECAY in Semi-Analogue mode(B

From: George Kharashvili(B <georgek_at_jlab.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 18:44:43 +0000

Dear Joey,

You are correct: When the radiation source is a radioactive isotope, ... decay secondaries are sampled over the whole decay time from zero to infinity, and all scoring will refer to the time integral of isotope activity (dose, fluence, current, yield or residual nuclei PER DECAY, not the corresponding rates at particular decay times as it happens in the "activation study" mode). (Note 8 on the BEAM page of the manual).

So, in your case dose is scored in units of GeV/g per decay. To obtain dose in Gy, multiply GeV/g by 1.602176462E-7 and then normalize to the source activity.

Regards,

George