[fluka-discuss]: Electron Stopping Powers

From: Daniela Botnariuc <daniela.botnariuc_at_npl.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2019 18:33:10 +0000

Dear FLUKA experts,

I am simulating a proton beam in a water region where I am also considering deltaray production. I am using EMFFIX card to print electron stopping powers but the values that I get are quite different from the ones in NIST. For example, for 30 MeV electrons, I obtained a stopping power value of 1.4272 whilst the NIST value is 2.738. The difference is a little smaller for lower energies but I still don't understand why isn't there an agreement.

I would really appreciate any help.
Thank you.

Regards,
Daniela

--
If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system.
NPL Management Ltd cannot guarantee that the e-mail or any attachments are free from viruses.

NPL Management Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales, number: 2937881
Registered office: National Physical Laboratory | Hampton Road | Teddington, Middlesex | UK | TW11 0LW