Re: [fluka-discuss]: Difference between FLUKA and NIST Unrestricted Electron Stopping Powers

From: paola sala <paola.sala_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 10:44:20 +0100

Dear Daniela,
the DELTARAY cards controls delta ray production by hadrons and muons.
It does not affect electron/positron transport.
The "delta ray production" threshold for electrons is the same as the
electron production threshold, and is set through
the EMFCUT card with SDUM=PROD-CUT

Thus, you are printing RESTRICTED energy loss by electrons/positrons,
with a threshold that depends on the DEFAULT  and EMFCUT cards
you are using. This fully explains the supposed difference wrt NIST .

Please look in the manual for further information.

You can also have a look to the Ionization and Transport lectutr in the
last fluka course
https://indico.cern.ch/event/694979/contributions/2927124/attachments/1657653/2654330/Ionization_and_Transport_2018.pdf

Have a nice day
Paola