geometry setup problem

From: Jiasen Ma (jsma@uchicago.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2008 - 20:46:14 CET

    Dear All,

    I have a detector which is a quare around the square beam hole.
    Inside it, there arelots of tungsten(36) and scintillator(42)
    plates hold in a iron shell.

    I used a series of infinite half space or planes to define
    them as in the attached det1a.inp and det1b.inp. Then I
    substract all the volumes(W and scint plates) in the world
    definition. But Fluka won't run on the card. The program will
    be aborted. If I only use five volumes
    or less, then it works.
    The difference between det1a.inp and det1b.inp is just that
    det1a.inp has less bodies defined.

    The same problem happened when I was defining the other
    detector as in det2.inp where there are just BOXs, ARBs, and
    no infinite planes. The only difference is that the number
    limit for different bodies went up to 10.

    It seems to me that it's not possible to substract
    more than a certain number of boolean operation of different
    bodies although it works with any numbers of single bodies.

    Is this true? Can I get around this to define this kind of
    geometry?

    Thanks a lot. Sorry if the input cards are too messy.

    Jiasen