[fluka-discuss]: RE: Number of decimals in BEAM card

From: Tom Niessen <tom.niessen_at_raysearchlabs.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 15:20:21 +0000

Thanks for your answer Matteo!

From: Matteo Magistris <Matteo.Magistris_at_cern.ch>
Sent: 22 March 2019 10:57
To: Tom Niessen <tom.niessen_at_raysearchlabs.com>
Subject: RE: Number of decimals in BEAM card

Dear Tom,

What you find in the .out is simply a summary with rounded values.

If you use the free format, fluka will take the number you give in double precision, i.e. with about 15 decimal digits. And then it will also use it in double precision, and just print a rounded version in the .out file.

Yours,
Matteo