[fluka-discuss]: Restricted stopping powers for Protons in water

From: Daniela Botnariuc <daniela.botnariuc_at_npl.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2019 12:41:42 +0000

Dear FLUKA experts,

I am simulating a monoenergetic proton beam in water and I activated the deltaray production through the DELTARAY card. I am also using the PRINT option in order to print the stopping powers of charged hadrons.
I have a plot (see below) of the stopping powers for protons given in the output file and I did not expect the results for the restricted stopping powers. I expected the curve for restricted stopping powers (restricted to the deltaray threshold I established) to have at least the same shape as the curve for unrestricted stopping powers. Please find attached the input file for these results.

I would really appreciate some suggestion.
Thank you.
Regards,
Daniela
[cid:image001.jpg_at_01D4EAEC.214CF4E0]

--
If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system.
NPL Management Ltd cannot guarantee that the e-mail or any attachments are free from viruses.

NPL Management Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales, number: 2937881
Registered office: National Physical Laboratory | Hampton Road | Teddington, Middlesex | UK | TW11 0LW

image001.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: image001.jpg)

npl-logo.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: npl-logo.jpg)