[fluka-discuss]: magfld.f User Routine keeps Timing Out my Runs

From: Andrew Hastings <ahasti4_at_lsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 17:48:45 +0000

I've had several issues with MGNFIELD and magfld.f. I did receive some assistance in the form of a custom written magfld.f file tailored to my needs, but the program won't compile when I try using it. I'll briefly describe my setup and attached files.

Two 90-degree turns from linear accelerator to ring injection port. Interested in Bremsstrahlung particles contributing to neutron skyshine from 2nd turn.
Intend to use magfld.f to give 1st turn a 0.793392 T field in positive y-axis, and a same magnitude field in negative y-axis for 2nd turn. TurnVac1 and TurnVac2 are the 2 regions that are magnetic. I am able to implement a single magnetic field vector using FLUKA's built in MGNFIELD, but my Run will Time Out when I set MGNFIELD WHAT(4-6) = 0 and call executable magfld.f using Flair. I did notice that the magfld.f file uses:
 CALL GEON2R( "TurnVac1", NTURN1, IERR )
CALL GEON2R( "TurnVac2", NTURN2, IERR )
When reading the Help section in flair, I found a reference to GEOR2N, so I'm not sure if this is a typo. Neither version fixes my Time Out issue.

Solving this problem and the lack of Bremsstrahlung particles I mentioned in my other help request are the last 2 hurdles I have to complete my Fluka project. I am grateful for any assistance you experts can provide!

Attached are the custom magfld.f with updated numbers from 0.205 to 0.793392 and no other changes, and my current flair/fluka input files.

Kindest Regards,

[1465572792562_image003.png]
Andrew D. Hastings
Medical Physics and Health Physics Graduate Student (MS)
Louisiana State University
(225)333-8435|ahasti4_at_lsu.edu<mailto:ahasti4_at_lsu.edu>