[fluka-discuss]: Re: EMFCUT strategy

From: Michel Georges Najarian <michel.najarian_at_edu.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2019 13:47:12 +0000

Hi Vasilis,
Tank you for your advice. I have used the EMFCUT card to filter out electron and photon transports that are happening at the higher layers of the atmosphere and used gradually reduced the filtering as I reach the layer AIR100 which is where the detector is. For 1000 event, it takes around 7 minutes to complete a run. thus 1E6 events would take 700 minutes which is still quite a bit of time. Would you recommend that I start gradually reducing the threshold later instead of what's already in the input file? Do you think the results will stay accurate enough? Thank you for your help so far.

Regards,
Michel Georges Najarian