Re: [fluka-discuss]: secondary particles

From: Francesc Salvat-Pujol <francesc.salvat.pujol_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2019 12:17:16 +0200

Dear Cynthia,

Your input file was crashing because in the third USRYIELD
(labeled *angular di) with WHAT(1)=114 you are requesting to score as a
function of the lab polar angle **in radians** as the first quantity,
whereas in the continuation card you pass WHAT(1)=180 as maximum angle,
which is not meaningful.

Use either

  WHAT(1)=124 with WHAT(1)=180 (deg) in the continuation card,

or

  WHAT(1)=114 with WHAT(1) e.g. 3.1415927 (rad) in the continuation card.

Regarding your estimator needs, for the charge distribution you may use
USRYIELD. For the energy distribution, do take a look at e.g. USRBDX.
Regarding the range, one can always examine the particle fluence (e.g.
with USRBIN) to have an idea. For electrons, protons and alpha
particles, one may resort to the following databases for range
estimates:

  https://physics.nist.gov/PhysRefData/Star/Text/intro.html

With kind regards,

Cesc

On Wed, May 01 2019, at 20:24 +0800, 秦亚男 wrote:

>Hi,
>Input file is as follows
>Otherwise, which command can be used to calculate the secondary particle range?
>Kind regards
>Cynthia

Francesc Salvat Pujol
CERN-EN/STI