Re: [fluka-discuss]: request for material.inp and calib_curve.mat files

From: Luigi Salvatore Esposito <luigi.salvatore.esposito_at_cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2019 10:22:59 +0000

Dear user,

please find enclosed the two flies to be used ONLY as an example.

As explained in the lecture about Medical Applications,
https://indico.cern.ch/event/694979/contributions/2927121/attachments/1657650/2654323/Medical_Applications_2018.pdf
those two files are needed to generate the VOXEL file and are specific of treatment planning system implemented in the facility where you are based.
The calibration curve indeed depends on the calculation method, used phantoms and (only slightly) CT scanner.

Please also consider the FLUKA CORRFACT card, to alter material density for dE/dx and nuclear processes, if needed.

Hope this could help.

Best regards, luigi