Energy deposition too low

From: Joel DeWitt <joel.m.dewitt@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Mar 26 2008 - 19:05:17 CET

fluka-discuss:

Many thanks to all those who responded to "56-Fe not stopping." The
caveat regarding the energy specification of heavy ions completely
slipped past me when reading the manual.

I've made FLUKA runs using the suggested changes for 30 g/cm2
polyethylene, aluminum, and copper. The good part is that FLUKA
outputs the expected dose-depth behavior; the bad part is that the
energy deposition per unit ion is roughly two orders of magnitude
lower than experiment. Why do you think the energy deposition is
down?

Ideas or suggestions?

Much appreciated,
Joel DeWitt