[fluka-discuss]: [fluka-diskuss]: biasing; cyclotron radiation shielding; advice

From: Angel <a.demerdzhiev_at_phys.uni-sofia.bg>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 15:30:55 +0300

Hello everyone!

I am trying to obtain results for the neutron, gamma/photon fluence,
ambient dose-eq and etc. for the following simple spherical configuration
- 2.5 m thick spherical shell, filled with Portland concrete. I have a 18F
liquid target irradiated by a 24MeV proton beam. The shell is divided into
layers and as one can imagine the statistics in the outer layers is very
poor. Thus, I decided to use biasing technique. I saw that the integrated
neutron fluence usually drops about 2 times per layer and thus I decided
to increase the importance of the layers by factor of two. Is this a
correct approach? Am I disturbing the simulation and thus obtaining false
results? I applied the same factor for the photons too. I would appreciate
any advice.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Angel