Re: [fluka-discuss]: About the delayed radiation

From: Andrea Fontana <andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 12:27:05 +0200

Dear Qi,
    you can certainly activate photonuclear reactions in Fluka in more
than the 25 pre-defined materials. The database for photonuclear
interactions actually includes almost 200 nuclides, as you can read
for example in:

A. Fassò et al.
Photonuclear Reactions in FLUKA: Cross Sections and Interaction Models
AIP Conference Proceedings 769, 1303 (2005);
https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1945245

Coming to your example, I send you a test case in which photonuclear
interactions are activated for Chromium, which is defined by using
the Fluka MATERIAL card.

To do an activation study, you should enable the radioactive decay
with the RADDECAY card and score the residual nuclei produced with the
RESNUCLEI card. Please refer to the manual or the the Fluka courses
materials and exercises on how to do this. To study delayed emission,
you might consider the so called two-steps method, also referred to
in the course material. Please also see this thread:

http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/0936.html

Hope this helps and kind regards,
Andrea

On 10/07/2019 18:41, bosqw7_at_mail.ustc.edu.cn wrote:
> Dear Fluka experts, When gamma rays was incident in the
> metal,phtonuclear reaction can be activated. First, I want to knonw
> the energy spectra and half live of the delayed radiation of the
> (gamma,n) residual nucleus. How can I do that? Second, if the target
> material is Cr(chromium
> <https://cn.bing.com/dict/clientsearch?mkt=zh-CN&setLang=zh&form=BDVEHC&ClientVer=BDDTV3.5.1.4320&q=%E9%93%AC#>),
> which is not contained in the pre-defined material in Table 5.3 of the
> Fluka manual, whether or not Fluka can do this simulation? What should
> I do to add theCr to the material card? Best Regards Qi

Dr. Andrea Fontana                    tel: +39 0382 987991
Istituto Nazionale                    fax: +39 0382 423241
di Fisica Nucleare
Sezione di Pavia                      e-mail: andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it
Via Bassi 6                           web   : www.pv.infn.it/~fontana
27100 PAVIA, Italy