[fluka-discuss]: how to include the divergence in the source.f / photons

From: Ševčik Aleksandras <aleksandras.sevcik_at_ktu.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 18:51:27 +0000

Dear experts,

I am using the attached source.f to sample the designed photon spectrum, however, I noticed that BEAM WHAT(3) does not respond to the values if source routine is activated - just as stated in the manual.
Is there any "simple" way to make my source beam with divergence 200 mrad, or only additional piece of code must be included in the source.f?

Looking through old forum archives I found similar code for that purpose:

      Divbm_Sigma = Divbm*0.2
      CALL FLNRR2 (RGAUSSDIVX,RGAUSSDIVY)
      DIV_VECTORX = RGAUSSDIVX*Divbm_Sigma
      DIV_VECTORY = RGAUSSDIVY*Divbm_Sigma
      TXHLP = TAN( DIV_VECTORX )
      TYHLP = TAN( DIV_VECTORY )
      THELP = SQRT( TXHLP*TXHLP + TYHLP*TYHLP + ONEONE )
      TXFLK (NPFLKA) = TXHLP / THELP
      TYFLK (NPFLKA) = TYHLP / THELP
      TZFLK (NPFLKA) = SQRT ( ONEONE - LTXFLK (NPFLKA)**2 - TYFLK (NPFLKA)**2 )
      TXFLK (NPFLKA) = UBEAM
      TYFLK (NPFLKA) = VBEAM
      TZFLK (NPFLKA) = WBEAM
      TZFLK (NPFLKA) = SQRT ( ONEONE - TXFLK (NPFLKA)**2
     & - TYFLK (NPFLKA)**2 )

But simply applying it the code is not compiled, and my lack of experience with user routines is a big obstacle to move forward from this point. In addition, my BEAMPOS is defined with WHAT(1)-(WHAT(3) and also rotation value for WHAT(5) is used. Also the beam is directed to positive Z direction.

Could anyone share a similar working source.f file which would directly use BEAM WhHAT(3) value, or maybe guide me through this coding problem?
Both source.f routines - the original and the one I tried to modify - are attached.

Thank you very much,

Rgds
Alex