Re: [fluka-discuss]: 7Li(p,n)7Be and 9Be(p,n)9B reactions in the PRECISIO defaults ?

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2019 15:53:43 +0200

Dear Bertrand,

the mentioned direct reactions are not (yet) implemented in FLUKA as such,
see also
http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/8981.html

As a side note, the only loose link the PRECISIO settings collection has
got with them is concerning the proton and neutron transport thresholds,
affecting the possibility that a p+Li occurs (it doesn't if the proton
transport threshold is higher than the projectile energy, but this is not
your case) and the secondary neutron transport (E<20MeV neutrons are
transported in the case of PRECISIO), respectively. Still, for the reasons
mentioned above, one should not count on getting the expected peaked
spectrum.

Kind regards

Francesco

Francesco Cerutti