[fluka-discuss]: RE: EMFFIX limits

From: Anton Lechner <Anton.Lechner_at_cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2019 19:30:26 +0000

Dear Thomas,

According to my opinion the simulation with EMFFIX 0.1% gives an artifact. I suppose that the step size becomes too small for the multiple scattering algorithm. In a scenario like yours (backscattering of low energy electrons), it is strongly recommended to switch on single scattering in order to get accurate results. Note that if a step required by EMFFIX is too small for the multiple scattering algorithm, then the code does not automatically apply single scattering (contrary to te STEPSIZE card). So I would switch on single scattering in the entire target region using the MULSOPT card.

Cheers, Anton