Re: [fluka-discuss]: Compiling and linking flukadpm3 along with user routine source.f

From: Timo A. Stein <timoas_at_alumni.ntnu.no>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 14:09:25 +0200

Dear Sujoy,

If I understand you correctly you want to link your user routine
source.f by using the Fluka ldpmqmd script allowing you to also use the
Fluka flukadpm3 generator.

Let's assume you have your new source.f file under in the subdirectory
"userroutines".

File tree:
Current directory:
- userroutines:
-> source.f
[other user routines *.f]

Then you can create a new Fluka executable with output name
"fluka_customSource_ldpmqmd" by invoking the following shell script (or
enter the same into the command line:

link.sh shell script:
$FLUPRO/flutil/ldpmqmd -m fluka -o fluka_customSource_ldpmqmd
./userroutines/source.f

You can also add other user routine files behind source.f. The
executable fluka_customSource_ldpmqmd will be placed in your current
directory.

Good luck.

P.S.: For a Fluka installation I downloaded about a month ago I was
unable to run the "ldpmqmd" script. The most recent gfortran 8.3 fluka
works just fine.

Best wishes,
Timo

On 2019-08-22 13:47, Sujoy Chatterjee wrote:

> Dear Luigi,
> I am sorry that I am not able to explain my problem properly. May be
> the language is not very clear.
>
> The file usrrnc.o in your reply is the user-routine for post processing
> the files for residual nuclei. I do not want to change it. As per my
> understanding ldpmqmd links dmpjet and produces the executable
> flukadpm3.
> I am trying to again reframe my question once again. The new version of
> FLUKA requires link rQMD-2.4 and activate ion transport for residual
> nuclei calculations. Quoting from release notes the following:
> ".......and (as a consequence of coalescence) it would be wise to link
> with rQMD-2.4 (and DPMJET) and activate ion transport and interactions.
> These suggestions are mandatory for residual nuclei calculations."
> Hence I have run the script ldpmqmd script which has generated the
> executable "flukadpm3". This executable has been launched using the
> rfluka script with option "-e flukadmp3" along with my input file for
> resnuclei calculations. This has been done using flair, which allows to
> attach one executable.
> Now that I want to do the same with modified source routine source.f, I
> have run the fff script and produced another executable "source".
> THE PROBLEM IS THAT RIGHT NOW I AM HAVING TWO EXECUTABLES, 1) FLUKADPM3
> AND 2) SOURCE. I WANT TO RUN BOTH THESE EXECUTABLES WITH RFLUKA SCRIPT.
> FLAIR ALLOW TO ATTACH ONLY ONE EXECUTABLE AT A TIME. SO, HOW DO I
> ATTACH TWO EXECUTABLE ?
> If I can launch the same using command prompt, where do I write the
> PATH to two executables ?
>
> with regards,
> डॉ. सुजय चटर्जी/Dr. Sujoy Chatterjee
> भाभा परमाणु अनुसंधान केंद्र/Bhabha Atomic Research Centre
> 1/ए एफ विधान नगर/1/AF-Bidhannagar,
> कोलकाता - 700064/Kolkata - 700064
>
> -----"Luigi Salvatore Esposito" <luigi.salvatore.esposito_at_cern.ch>
> wrote: -----
> To: "Sujoy Chatterjee" <sujoy_at_vecc.gov.in>
> From: "Luigi Salvatore Esposito" <luigi.salvatore.esposito_at_cern.ch>
> Date: 08/22/2019 03:29PM
> Cc: "Fluka Discussion list" <fluka-discuss_at_fluka.org>
> Subject: Re: [fluka-discuss]: Compiling and linking flukadpm3 along
> with user routine source.f
>
> No.
> You need only on executable that you can create from command line
> $> ldpmqmd -m fluka usrrnc.o source.o
>
> Or equivalently in Flair.
>
> Best, luigi
>
>> On 22 Aug 2019, at 11:16, Sujoy Chatterjee <sujoy_at_vecc.gov.in> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Luigi for the reply. Now that I have two executable, one
>> flukadpm3 and the one from the user subroutine source.f, how do I run
>> the two executable files, at a time with "-e" command or with flair ?
>>
>> with regards,
>> डॉ. सुजय चटर्जी/Dr. Sujoy Chatterjee
>> भाभा परमाणु अनुसंधान केंद्र/Bhabha Atomic Research Centre
>> 1/ए एफ विधान नगर/1/AF-Bidhannagar,
>> कोलकाता - 700064/Kolkata - 700064

> [...]

Links:
------