[fluka-discuss]: Total time used for initialization

From: VICTOR HUGO ALTAMIRANO CARPIO <victor.altamirano_at_epn.edu.ec>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 23:50:28 +0000

Dear Fluka experts

Q1. I measured the time used for initialization and I plotted these data vs. the number of primaries particles. I read the paper "FLUKA Realistic Modeling of Radiation Induced Damage", which stipulate that the time for initialization depend of the time for calculate through a multiple integral the number of defect.

Please, help me to understand. Why does the less time correspond to 2x10^6 primaries particles?

Q2. When I tried to plot the average time used to follow a primary particle vs. the number of primaries particles. I did not have the same (similar) values I found strange values, though. Please, which is the reason?

 PD. I defined the total number of particles as the number of primaries particles * number of cycles.

Best regards;

Victor Altamirano C.
victor.altamirano_at_epn.edu.ec
EPN Physics Department
593-982436747

Our life dreams the Utopia. Our death achieves the Ideal. V.H.