Re: USRYIELD estimators

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala@mi.infn.it>
Date: Sun May 11 2008 - 15:45:15 CEST

-
Hi
The Usryield estimator is different from the usrbdx estimator, in the
sense that a sigle estimator does not give both angle and energy
distributions:
- it provides ethe "spectrum" as a function of the 1st variable, for
instance energy, in ONE interval of the second variable, for instance
angle, normalized as in double differential distribution.
To get spectra at different angles one has to issue as many usryield cards
as the number of wished angular bins.

The usryield with sdum=beamdef card is normally NOT used. It is useful
only in particular cases.

For instance, with ( card not aligned..)
USRYIELD 2399.0 NEUTRON -21.0 regBe5 regAi3 1.0nFluenUD1
USRYIELD 0.2 1D-14 200.0 10.0 0.0 0.0&
USRYIELD 2399.0 NEUTRON -21.0 regBe5 regAi3 1.0nFluenUD2
USRYIELD 0.2 1D-14 200.0 20.0 10.0 0.0&
USRYIELD 2399.0 NEUTRON -21.0 regBe5 regAi3 1.0nFluenUD3
USRYIELD 0.2 1D-14 200.0 30.0 20.0 0.0&
You'll get three neutron spectra, at 0-10, 10-20 and 20-30 degrees

To make your life easier, I suggest to use FLAIR to build the input!

Paola

> dear Alberto,
>
> yes I have plotted it in log scale (the spectrum is attached). my problem
> is why I didn't get the peak for the fast neutron, do I need to introduce
> somthething else to my input file? it is the first time for me to use
> USRYIELD estimators.
>
> Regards,
> Buthaina
>

>> Hi Adam,
>>
>> have you tried to plot you spectrum on a log scale for abscissae?
>> Probably most neutrons are evaporation neutrons, with energies
>> 1-2 MeV. On a linear scale, they are all squeezed in a narrow interval
>> about 1% of the whole scale
>>
>> Alberto
>>
>> On Fri, 9 May 2008, Buthaina Abdalla Suleiman Adam wrote:
>>
>>> Dear FLUKA user,
>>>
>>> I am using USRYIELD estimator to score neutron fluence (double
>>> differential) produced from the interaction of 200 MeV (kinetic energy)
>>> proton beam with a thin target of Be-9 (1.2cm). The inputfile is
>>> attached.
>>> The result I obtained are not what I expected e.g the neutron spectrum
>>> (see attached file) shows a trend which is opposite of what is
>>> expected.
>>> will be grateful for your input.
>>>

>>> Kind Regards,
>>> Buthaina Adam
>>>

>> --
>> Alberto Fasso`
>> SLAC-RP, MS 48, 2575 Sand Hill Road, Menlo Park CA 94025
>> Phone: (1 650) 926 4762 Fax: (1 650) 926 3569
>> fasso@slac.stanford.edu

Paola Sala
INFN Milano
tel. Milano +39-0250317374