[fluka-discuss]: How to Output Source Distribution using USERDUMP

From: Haoyu Shi <shihy_at_ihep.ac.cn>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2019 10:07:25 -0700

Dear FLUKA Experts,

I¡¯m studying the effects of the collimators. Since the collimator is far from the interest region, I have to output all the secondaries as the source to an accelerator tracking code. I found that userdump card with the user defined routing mgdraw could do this job. I¡¯ve tried the default card and default version of the mgdraw file, with the default model in FLAIR(I mean, when I create a new input file, it contains a model, I just use this for test purpose.). In this case, I want to get the outputs of the secondaries after the electrons interact with the copper target. I do get the unformatted output, but cannot read it. In Chapter 12 of the manual, it contains a program to readout the results, unfortunately, it could not be compiled in my computer. I was not familiar with Fortran, so I could not fix it.

Then I tried to modify the mgdraw file. I removed all the entries expect SODRAW, and tried several settings within the USERDUMP card. None of them work. It usually ends with errors, or finished successfully with nothing output. The modified mgdraw file and the input file were attached.

How should I do to get the outputs I want?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
Haoyu