[fluka-discuss]: How to Output the directions of all the secondaries?

From: Haoyu Shi <shihy_at_ihep.ac.cn>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2019 09:36:55 -0700

Dear FLUKA Experts,

I¡¯m trying to get outputs when a beam interacted with a copper target. The target is a ring, with inner radius of 5cm, and outer radius of 10cm, thickness is 2cm. Outside the target is void, and then blackhole. I want to track all the particles that crossing the boundary of the target, from copper to void, together with the particle informations(3-D position of the crossing point, the particle type, energy, and direction).

For now, I managed to get outputs from user defined mgdraw routine only including boundary crossing. I can get most of the information I want, including crossing point, particle type, and also energy. However, since I need to track these particles in another tool, it also important for me to get the direction of the particle, which I cannot do now.

I tried using original mgdraw.f, and using last 2 steps to predict the direction. But I failed. If I use the original one comes with FLUKA, I can only get the unformatted file which I could not readout. However, if I change the code, for example, only change the FORM from ¡°unformatted¡± to ¡°formatted¡±, it would cause a ¡°timed-out¡± error, or run successfully with no output sometimes.

Could you please help me to output the directions?

Thank you in advance.

Haoyu