[fluka-discuss]: Residual dose with two-steps method

From: Enrico Mazza <enrico.mazza_at_studenti.unipd.it>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 21:57:47 +0200

Dear Fluka experts,
I want to calculate the dose map, due to residual activity, around a
target irradiated with a proton beam.
I have already implemented a simulation exploiting the "two-steps"
method (because I need to include a change in the geometry).
I used the usrrnc.f routine to provide the second step the necessary
residuals isotope source (randomly sampled, as recommended in the
course lessons). I obtained a dose map with a USRBIN (x-y-z, DOSE-EQ)
card, expressed as pSv/decay, but I need to express it as a rate in
pSv/s.
I used the following normalization: (output)[pSv/decay] * (total
activity scored in the first step)[Bq] * (sum of weights of recorded
particles)/(sum of weights of source particles)
However the output doesn't match with a "full run" performed as
benchmark (1 order of magnitude difference).
Am I missing something?

In attachment the two input files (and user-written routines) to
reproduce the issue in a simplified problem.

Best regards,
E. Mazza