RE: Please suggest

From: Markus Brugger <Markus.Brugger@cern.ch>
Date: Fri May 16 2008 - 11:33:11 CEST

Hi,

there is another problem related to your question which was missed
yesterday. As your source particles are 320 MeV Alphas FLUKA currently
performs the 'transport', however does not perform 'interactions' (with
the default RQMD being set to 100MeV/nucleon). To a limited extend, the
sampling of 'interactions' could be reached by lowering the threshold of
the RQMD model (PHYSICS card) but again the !!! lowest !!! possible
limit (for 'interactions') is 51MeV, thus only of limited use in your
case. In addition, by lowering this limit, especially for alphas, the
accuracy of the results remains questionable.=20

Besides, and as a possible outlook for future FLUKA releases, a new BME
model is currently under development however not yet available for
public use.

Please find further information also in the following answer of the
fluka-discuss list:

http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/0885.html

cheers

Markus