Re: [fluka-discuss]: Error in FLUKA: IGRCUR<=0

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2019 12:02:21 +0200

Dear Andrea
Thank you for sending the input
The error message is due to the presence of non-existing isotopes in the
defined materials.
It is indeed cryptic..and occurs runtime. It will be substituted with a
check at initialization time.
I see that you define single isotopes, like
MATERIAL 28. 1. 89.Ni61
The problem is in the what(6), it should be the mass number (61) instead
it is the sum of mass + atomic number. Ni89 does not exist. The same for
all other defined isotopes.
A (maybe irrelevant) question: why do you define all isotopes, and build
compounds to get the natural composition? Fluka has the isotopic
composition for all elements existing in nature, it will be used
automatically if you put only the atomic number in the MATERIAL card.
Other question: are you sure that you really wish to have a threshold at 1
GeV for all particles?

Hope this helps
Paola
> Dear all,
> I am running a fluka simulation and I am getting the following error:
>
>  Abort called from EVPRTN reason IGRCUR=<0 Run stopped!
>  STOP IGRCUR=<0
>
> Looking around I was not able to find any reference to ICRCUR<0 error.
>
> I attach my input file to this message.
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> Bests
> Andrea