RE: [fluka-discuss]: FLUKA radiation protection

From: Stefan Roesler <Stefan.Roesler_at_cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 21:21:09 +0000

Dear Raushan Kabytayeva

Although your electron energy is low and you mention that you compare only photon dose, I suggest to add a LAM-BIAS card to bias photonuclear reactions (I see that you have a PHOTONUC card in your input), see also Note 2 for the PHOTONUC card in the manual

LAM-BIAS 0.0 0.02 18.0 7.0 0.0 0.0

Then it depends really on where and how you measure when you compare to simulated effective dose. I don't think a general recipe can be given. For a careful simulation of well-controlled setup and of the quantity measured a difference of a factor of 3 sounds a bit much...

Cheers
Stefan