[fluka-discuss]: Distribution and support of FLUKA and Flair by INFN

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 15:29:05 +0100

Dear Fluka Users,

apologies for spamming you,
but I feel that past messages might have ingenerated some confusion.

The INFN FLUKA project will continue to ensure development and release
of the FLUKA and Flair codes, with the support of original FLUKA authors
and other collaborating institutes.

New versions of both packages will be available, as usual, on the FLUKA
website

         www.fluka.org
         www.fluka.org/flair/

In particular, the Flair code will be maintained up to date with Fluka
releases. Again, I have to apologise for the present small
mismatches, which will be corrected as soon as possible.

Your registration at www.fluka.org is of course still valid, as well
as the registration to the fluka-discuss and fluka-users mailing
lists.
You do not need to perform additional steps in order to
continue to download and use the Fluka code.

User courses will also be organised.
I can anticipate that the next
one will be held in the beatiful location of Erice, in Sicily, Italy,
in the period March 26th - April 1st 2020.

As you have learned in a message from the CERN management, CERN is no
longer collaborating with INFN on the development of FLUKA. The CERN
initiative, advertised in the aforementioned message, is not supported
by the FLUKA authors, and is not within the scope of the fluka.org
mailing lists.

Best Regards

Paola Sala
INFN Milano