Re: [fluka-discuss]: Fwd: Reactor Core as SOURCE

From: Answers <answers_at_pcfluka.mi.infn.it>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2020 09:15:30 +0100 (CET)

Dear Mitra

I am not sure I understand fully your question. Do you wish to simulate
a reactor core with FLUKA, or do you want to use as source the neutron
and gamma fields exiting the reactor core for further propagation (eg
shielding)?

In the former case, I would advise against using FLUKA since the code does
not have a criticality estimator and hence can be hardly used for
reactor core calculations. For the latter case, FLUKA could obviously be
used however we are not aware of any already existing source routine
suitable for your purposes. If you already know the spectra of
neutrons and photons emerging from your reactor core we can advise how
to setup a suitable source routine.

Please let us know if we correctly understood your question.

                  Happy New Year to you as well!
                     The FLUKA developers

https://www.fluka.org/fluka.php?id=acc_info