Re: More on heavy ions

From: Marco Mauri <marco.mauri@cern.ch>
Date: Thu Jul 03 2008 - 11:48:52 CEST

Dear Joel,
I think you are not obtaining 1 for two reasons:
1) A fraction of the beam is not hitting the target (due to beam shape
and divergence)
2) The VAC region's material is AIR (so the beam is travelling for ~15m
in air)

After changing this settings (VAC to VACUUM, beam size and divergence to
zero) and rerunning
you can look in the *_usryield_22_sum.lis where the unnormalized tot.
response (integrated over the LET) can be found.
Multiplying this value by the second variable bin width (100) 1 should
be obtained.

Marco