Re: Fwd: [fluka-discuss]: Q: the usage of atmloc2011.f & score card

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2020 12:11:36 +0100

Dear Yuyi,
1.: the atmloc2011.f
First of all build the executable:

$FLUPRO/flutil/lfluka -o atmloc_2011 $FLUPRO/gcrtools/atmloc_2011.f

then run it
./atmloc_2011

It asks for:
-the geomagnetic or geographic coordinates of the centre of your slice. If
you know the geographic, it will convert to geomagnetic internally. -The
altitude you are interested in (0=sea level)
- the geomagnetic cutoff acceptance. This defines the width of your slice
as the area where the geomegnetic cutoff differs less than the input value
from the geo cutoff at the central location. The "optimal" value depends
on latitude, on needed precision, on CPU time (the smaller the slice, the
worse the statistics)
- Injection altitude. Where the tracking starts. Must be the same as in
the what(2) of SPECSOUR in the input

The code produces atmloc.geo == geometry file
atmlocmat.cards to be ADDED in the input file to the one already provided
for the whole earth case in the example input
atmloc.sur = normalization file, used for the USRBDX scorings already
provided in the example input. It must be renamed, to have the same name
as the particle spectra: from the manual:
"The user shall rename the file atmloc.sur to
            <xxxxxxx>.sur, where <xxxxxx> is an identifier of exactly 7
           characters which must appear also in the input spectra file
names:
is the atomic number of the primary.
           The example spectra distributed with FLUKA come with two
identifiers: <zz>phi0465 for solar minimum and <zz>phi1440 for
solar maximum, and with zz=01-28."

2) with the local geometry, dipolar one.

3) first of all, the results in the USRBDX cards are automagically
normalized through the data in the xxxx.sur file. The SCORE card only
gives integral quantities by region. If you wish to have them normalized
per unit volume, it will be up to you to calculate all the volumes of the
regions.
Then, you'll have to write the number 3 in the fifth column of the first
line of the geometry, just after the GEOBEGIN card. Then, you'll have to
input all the volumes in how many cards as needed, just before the Geoend
card. Each card should contain 7 values, in fields of 10 digits, with
fortran format E10.7
This option is seldom used, being, as you see, cumbersome, but bostly
because it only applies to global by region scorings, not to the more
interesting scoring structures.

Hope this helps
Paola

> Dear users and experts,
> I would like to simulate the shower of cosmic ray, but confront with
some confusion.
> 1.How to use the atmloc2011.f to acquire a slice of atmosphere ?
2.Should I use the exra multipolar magnetic field or dipolar one in
GCR-SPE ? which one would be appropriate?
> 3.When I use the score card and want to nomalize the results, how should
I set IVOPT = 3 in the geometry title card
>  and where to add the region volume and its input format ?
> If you have any idea on the either of the listed questions, please let
me know. Any help would be much appreciated.
> Thanks and best,
>  YI

Paola Sala
INFN Milano