[fluka-discuss]: To find out the exact position of energy deposition in a detector

From: Jyoti <jyoti.grg_at_britatom.gov.in>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 14:52:18 +0530 (IST)

Dear FLUKA Users,
I am simulating energy deposition from a Co-60 source. The shielding material is cylindrical and the source is located inside it.

1) I kept a small cylindrical detector at 0.1 cm from the external surface of the shielding material, and the energy deposited is zero.

2) But, when I kept the detector parallel to the shielding material and of the same height as that of shielding material then I get some value of energy deposited.

How would I know the exact position of energy deposition so that I can keep my detector at that point and find out the maximum dose from the source?
Is there any method for it?
Please help.

With Regards,
Jyoti