Re: [fluka-discuss]: negative deposit energy from EVENTBIN using Fluka2011.2x.8

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 10:15:43 +0100

Dear Migyang
Could you, please, give some more details about your simulation and the
effect you see?
( You can send me your input file if you wish)
Please note that very small negative energy depositions are possible when
thermal neutrons are transported: being thermal, they can gain energy by
reducing the thermal motion of the target.
Hope this helps
Paola
> Dear Fluka experts,
>

> When we update Fluka from version 2011.2x.7 to 2011.2x.8 recently, a
> problem arises.
>
> Negative energy deposit will occur as we scoring energy using EVENTBIN
> card.
>
> Besides, we have added SDUM=OLDFLAIR in the GLOBAL card as mentioned in
> the release note.
>

> Are there other necessary modifications on input file?
>
> We appreciate your help with this.
>

> Best,
>
> Mingyang

Paola Sala