Re: AW: [fluka-discuss]: DPA-SCO card

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2020 08:30:11 +0100

Dear Niklas,
if the binning is by region, the result is not "displacements per atom",
it is DPA*Volume. It means, that the code correctly applies the
normalization for density, not the one for total mass.
I take the occasion to rectify my previous answer: for cartesian/r-phi-z
binning the result is normalized per cm^3 for most quantities, it is
directly in DPA for DPA-Scoring.

Both methods are correct, the scoringf by region means that you'll have to
insert a normalization offline.
Scoring with a "grid" binning gives also the possibility to look at the
space distribution of DPAs within your scoring region.
Hope this helps
Paola

Paola Sala
INFN Milano